Cranbrook, BC… In what’s become an annual tradition of saying thanks to its customer and staff, Chris Thom (and his family) of Rocky Mountain Diesel and Autobody have taken the joy of giving back to health care a mainstay of their holiday spirit.
Over the years the family and business have supported EKFH in providing funding for various areas of care for both hospitals and health care facilities throughout the East Kootenay. For the past several years the Autobody side of Rocky Mountain Diesel & Autobody conducts a Crashed Cars awareness event. Every vehicle that enters and leaves the shop receives a personal message from Chris that shares the story of their recognizing the business support and their employees’ commitment with a gift to EKFH.
“It’s an exceptional story of giving back to community,” says Donna Grainger, EKFH Executive Director. “Although the focus of the Starlite Campaign is about lighting stars atop the East Kootenay Regional Hospital roofline it really is the stars on the ground that are making a huge difference in the quality of health care here in the East Kootenay. Chris and Rocky Mountain Diesel have had an incredible impact through their generous financial support over the years, “adds Grainger.
This year the $10,000 gift is being dedicated to support the East Kootenay Regional Hospital Oncology Unit.
“We all know someone whose lives, individually and the family, have been affected with a cancer diagnosis. The gift to the oncology unit is our way of highlighting and saying thanks for the talented and dedicated oncology team that provides services to individuals from throughout the region,” explains Chris Thom, Owner at Rocky Mountain Diesel & Autobody.
Whether you wish to say thanks, acknowledge a loved one, or simply just because a gift to the Starlite Campaign can provide funding to purchase critically needed medical equipment and/or patient comforts. Donations can be made on-line at www.ekfh.ca; at your local hospital or health care facility or through Canada Post to EKFH, 13 24th Ave N, Cranbrook, BC V1C 3H9.
Questions? Call Donna Grainger, Executive Director at 1-877-489-6481 or 250 489-6481.
Commercial Vehicle Technician
Rocky Mountain Diesel Ltd.
Western Star Trucks Cranbrook, BC
Rocky Mountain Diesel Ltd. is a leading commercial truck dealer that has been serving South Eastern B.C. since 1981.
We are looking for Heavy Equipment Technicians / Heavy Duty Mechanics / Truck and Transport Mechanics who are interested in furthering themselves through training and development. If you are looking for consistent hours, stable work, and opportunities for growth and advancement we would like to hear from you!
The Truck and Transport Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, repairing or overhauling commercial trucks, buses and trailers to manufacturer specifications, applicable legislation and customer’s request.
They are responsible for the following:
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals.
- Performing general and preventive maintenance services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures by visually inspecting, listening to customer input, test driving, and using diagnostic tools.
- Completing a “Quick-Check” to determine the need for other unrelated repairs and advising customer of potential future issues.
- Notifying Service Counter Staff of any additional repairs needed.
- Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required.
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Documenting serial number and recording repair story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
- Training and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Other related or similar duties as required.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Heavy Equipment Technician – Truck and Transport Mechanic Certificate or Equivalent (i.e. Red Seal)
- Consideration may be given to 3rd or 4th year apprentices with experience.
- Previous experience in the Medium / Heavy Duty truck or automotive industry.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Must be self-motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to work other shifts for coverage of sick days or vacation relief.
- Have the ability to deal with large volumes of work and stressful situations.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Class 3 Drivers License with Air and a clean abstract
- Experience working on all makes of on highway commercial vehicles
- Experience and familiarity with computers and computer software
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Western Star and supplier / vendors warranty policies.
- Detroit Diesel & DTNA training and experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Top wages
- Training Bonus
- Paid Vacation
- Health and Dental Coverage
- AD&D, Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Training / Tuition
- Tool Allowance ($500/year)
- RRSP Program – Company Match 5%
- Reward and Recognition Program
Please forward resume to:
Cranbrook, BC… As the final few days of EKFH’s Starlite Campaign wind down, Chris Thom, Owner of Rocky Mountain Diesel & Collision presents a $10,000 to the regional hospital foundation.
The donation is made on behalf of the company’s patrons and staff as part of RMD’s ongoing holiday thank you program. Incredibly Rocky Mountain Diesel & Collision and the Thom family have donated over $75,000 to various areas of health care since 2005. This year the gift is dedicated to assist EKFH in its fundraising efforts for equipment for the new 6-bed intensive care unit presently under construction at the East Kootenay Regional Hospital.
“The thanks for making such a contribution to EKFH really belong to our customers and staff. We are grateful for their business and support which allows us to give back to our community,” explains Chris Thom.
A gift of any size makes an impact in the quality of health care in the East Kootenay.
Your ICU needs you. To show your support consider making a donation today, visit www.ekfh.ca.
> View All News Posts