Job Posting – Commercial Vehicle Technician
Commercial Vehicle Technician
Rocky Mountain Diesel Ltd.
Western Star Trucks Cranbrook, BC
Rocky Mountain Diesel Ltd. is a leading commercial truck dealer that has been serving South Eastern B.C. since 1981.
We are looking for Heavy Equipment Technicians / Heavy Duty Mechanics / Truck and Transport Mechanics who are interested in furthering themselves through training and development. If you are looking for consistent hours, stable work, and opportunities for growth and advancement we would like to hear from you!
The Truck and Transport Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, repairing or overhauling commercial trucks, buses and trailers to manufacturer specifications, applicable legislation and customer’s request.
They are responsible for the following:
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals.
- Performing general and preventive maintenance services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures by visually inspecting, listening to customer input, test driving, and using diagnostic tools.
- Completing a “Quick-Check” to determine the need for other unrelated repairs and advising customer of potential future issues.
- Notifying Service Counter Staff of any additional repairs needed.
- Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required.
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Documenting serial number and recording repair story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
- Training and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Other related or similar duties as required.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Heavy Equipment Technician – Truck and Transport Mechanic Certificate or Equivalent (i.e. Red Seal)
- Consideration may be given to 3rd or 4th year apprentices with experience.
- Previous experience in the Medium / Heavy Duty truck or automotive industry.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Must be self-motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to work other shifts for coverage of sick days or vacation relief.
- Have the ability to deal with large volumes of work and stressful situations.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Class 3 Drivers License with Air and a clean abstract
- Experience working on all makes of on highway commercial vehicles
- Experience and familiarity with computers and computer software
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Western Star and supplier / vendors warranty policies.
- Detroit Diesel & DTNA training and experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Top wages
- Training Bonus
- Paid Vacation
- Health and Dental Coverage
- AD&D, Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Training / Tuition
- Tool Allowance ($500/year)
- RRSP Program – Company Match 5%
- Reward and Recognition Program
Please forward resume to: